Third party funded projects
Our portfolio addresses primarily public and private entities, but also scientists and third-party donors, if the projects thereby initiated directly address our objectives.
The achievement of our objectives – networking, strengthening of the knowledge base, development of new prototypical climate service products and services, training – is realized by initiation and implementation of different internal projects as well as by participation in national and international third-party financed research projects (e.g. financed to a certain extent by EU or BMBF).
Third-party financed research projects and tenders with participation of GERICS:
EU Horizon 2020
- ERA4CS – European Research Area for Climate Services (Jan 2016 - Dec 2021)
- EUCP - European Climate Prediction system project (Dec 2017 - May 2022)
- OPERANDUM - OPEn-air laboRAtories for Nature baseD solUtions to Manage environmental risks (Jul 2018 - Jun 2022)
- AFTER - Impact of climate change and climate extremes on the agriculture and forestry in the Europe-Russia-Turkey region (Sept 2018 - Aug 2021)
- WASCAL-LANDSURF – Landoberflächenprozesse als Determinante des Klimawandels in Afrika (Jun 2021 - May 2024)
- CARBOSTORE – Carbon Storage in German Coastal Seas – Stability, Vulnerability and Perspectives for Manageability (Apr 2021 - Mar 2024)
- KERES - Protecting cultural heritage from extreme climate events and increasing resilience (Dec 2020 - Nov 2023)
- CS4eXtremes - Climate Services for eXtremes (Mar 2020 - Feb 2023)
- WIRKsam - Wissenschaftliche Koordination zur Entwicklung eines regionalen Klimakatasters (May 2020 - Apr 2023)
- NUKLEUS - Nutzbare lokale Klimainformationen (Apr 2020 - Mar 2023)
- ProPolis (Oct 2019 - Sept 2022)